Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/09 22:09:09 UTC

Simulating cluster config parameters (in local mode)

Hi guys : I need to set a cluster configuration parameter (specifically,
the "mapreduce.job.counters.limit") ....
.... Easy ... right ?

Well.... one problem : I'm running hadoop in local-mode !

So How can I simulate this parameter so that my local mode allows me to use
non-default cluster configruation parameters ?

--
Jay Vyas
MMSB/UCHC

Re: Simulating cluster config parameters (in local mode)

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Jay,

Yep even the local mode does read mapred-site.xml, and a few
properties supplied it in apply to LocalJobRunner as well.

Yes the per-job override will not work for raising limits, as that
wouldn't make sense as a 'limit' then (Although Android has a
different sense of that I've noticed:
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/StrictMode.html,
which works for its devs and is a different playground :))

--
Harsh J

Re: Simulating cluster config parameters (in local mode)

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Serge Blazhiyevskyy <Se...@nice.com>.