Posted to builds@apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2011/03/30 22:39:55 UTC

Hadoop patch builds for other projects

Over in Lucene, we interested in setting up a patch testing framework for Lucene similar to what Hadoop does.  That is, when a new patch comes in, we would like to apply it to the trunk, test it and check it if it meets our requirements and then post a comment on the JIRA issue giving it a preliminary vote.

Does anyone know what the process is for setting this up?  Is there a wiki or other instructions for it anywhere?  Or does, perhaps, Jenkins have a plugin that supports this kind of thing?  As I recall from talking w/ Nigel about this before, it involves a fair amount of scripting and some mail processing work.

Thanks,
Grant