Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Iliya Grushevskiy <il...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/18 11:44:39 UTC

Huge performance difference in JVM 1.8 vs JVM 11

Hi!

I have noticed huge performance difference in version 2.19.1 running on JVM 1.8 and JVM 11.
I am currently running my tests on M1 Mac mini.

I was trying to implement ONLY_ONCE delivery client and noticed that messages are sent much faster (x 100 times) when I am running Artemis HA cluster on JVM 1.8
But that I think can be easily reproduced just by creating configuration:

JVM 1.8: ./artemis create MR1

done! Your system can make 0,06 writes per millisecond, your journal-buffer-timeout will be 18136000

JVM 11: ./artemis create MR1

done! Your system can make 50 writes per millisecond, your journal-buffer-timeout will be 20000

That’s looks suspicious. Moreover I am constantly loosing messages when running on JVM 1.8 and never on JVM 11 (may be that’s just because of speed or poor client implementation)

Regards
Iliya Grushevskiy