Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Michael Osipov <19...@gmx.net> on 2015/12/23 21:30:28 UTC

Retiring Maven Skins

Hi folks,

Hervé is quite busy right now preparing Doxia (Sitetools) 1.7 along with Maven
Site Plugin 3.5. I have several tickets on my own I'd like to fix. Some of these
changes will have impact on the skins we provide, they need to be adapted.

If you take a close look at our skins [1], they haven't been updated for years.
Active improvements happen on the Fluido Skin only.
Given the fact that probably no one will work on them and none of them have been
changed for HTML5, I'd like to retire most of the skins and keep at most two active.
That would ultimately mean that only those two will be updated for 1.7/3.5 and later
for HTML5.

My proposal:

Retire: Maven Application Skin, Maven Classic Skin, Maven Stylus Skin
Active: Maven Default Skin, Maven Fluido Skin

Please share you opinion, if we agree I will start vote and retire them.

Michael

[1] https://maven.apache.org/skins

Re: Retiring Maven Skins

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.
+1 no objections to:
Retire: Maven Application Skin, Maven Classic Skin, Maven Stylus Skin
Active: Maven Default Skin, Maven Fluido Skin

Re: Retiring Maven Skins

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards
Mirko
--
Sent from my mobile

Re: Retiring Maven Skins

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

On 12/23/15 9:30 PM, Michael Osipov wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Hervé is quite busy right now preparing Doxia (Sitetools) 1.7 along with Maven
> Site Plugin 3.5. I have several tickets on my own I'd like to fix. Some of these
> changes will have impact on the skins we provide, they need to be adapted.
>
> If you take a close look at our skins [1], they haven't been updated for years.
> Active improvements happen on the Fluido Skin only.
> Given the fact that probably no one will work on them and none of them have been
> changed for HTML5, I'd like to retire most of the skins and keep at most two active.
> That would ultimately mean that only those two will be updated for 1.7/3.5 and later
> for HTML5.
>
> My proposal:
>
> Retire: Maven Application Skin, Maven Classic Skin, Maven Stylus Skin
> Active: Maven Default Skin, Maven Fluido Skin

+1 for that...

> Please share you opinion, if we agree I will start vote and retire them.

Yes agree...

Re: Retiring Maven Skins

Posted by Uwe Barthel <ba...@x-reizend.de>.
Hi Michael,