Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Maarten Koopmans <ma...@vrijheid.net> on 2010/08/25 20:49:23 UTC

Size of a znode in memory

Hi,

Is there a way to know/measure the size of a znode? My average znode has a name of 32 bytes and user data of max 128 bytes.

Or is the only way to run a smoke test and watch the heap growth via jconsole or so?

Thanks, Maarten

Re: Size of a znode in memory

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Marten,
 The usual memory footprint of a znode is around 40-80 bytes.

 I think Ben is planning to document a way to calculate approximate memory
footprint of your zk servers given a set of updates and there sizes.

 thanks
mahadev