Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Vibhath Ileperuma <vi...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/21 09:09:54 UTC

Accessing NIFI processors through rest api

Hi all,

I'm currently developing an external script to work with a NIFI flow using
NIFI rest api. To access processors/controllers etc. it is required to know
the UUID.
But I notice that it is possible for UUIDs to be changed if the NIFI flow
is imported to another NIFI instance through a template.
Is there a way to define the UUIDs which are not changing? Or is it
possible to access a processor using the name or a custom defined id ?

Thanks & Regards

*Vibhath Ileperuma*

Re: Accessing NIFI processors through rest api

Posted by Daniel Chaffelson <ch...@gmail.com>.
You cannot prevent the UUIDs from changing, it is generally good practice
to enforce unique names and use those as your lookup values.