Posted to users@pulsar.apache.org by Apache Pulsar Slack <ap...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/01 09:11:05 UTC

Slack digest for #general - 2020-06-01

2020-05-31 11:25:13 UTC - Kirill Kosenko: Hi guys
I'm playing with event sourcing and aggregates. Would like to use Pulsar as an event store. Need your advice.
The main question is How to replay all events with particular aggregate id?
For example,  there's an 'Article' aggregate.
1. One of the option is to store all the events for all articles in one article topic. *Is it possible to retrieve all the events for the particular aggregate id without reading entire  topic?*
 2.  Second option is to have a separate topic for each aggregate instance.
      *How many topics consumer can subscribe on using regex pattern? Are there any limitations?*
      Looks like this option is bad because there're a lot of articles(200K articles in a month)

*Anybody reading this who can point me to any more info about any of this?*
Thanks
----
2020-05-31 19:32:39 UTC - David Kjerrumgaard: Have you considered keeping all of the events in one "article" topic and then use the Presto SQL tool to "select" all of the elements by aggregate id to write them into a single topic for consumption?
----
2020-05-31 20:20:06 UTC - Kirill Kosenko: Will check PrestoSQL
Thank you David for your reply
----
2020-05-31 20:20:11 UTC - Kirill Kosenko: Do you know any limitations of how many topics consumer can handle using multi-topic subscription?
----
2020-06-01 07:49:27 UTC - Deepak Sah: Hi everyone, how to decide on number of partitions for a topic? In our use case, we have around 100 clients so we decided to have 100 partitions. What is the cost of having large number of partitions?
----
2020-06-01 08:58:01 UTC - Pradeep Dantuluri: @Pradeep Dantuluri has joined the channel
----