Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Deepak Yadav <de...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/19 17:40:22 UTC

Can we schedule to delete the VM instance

Hello

I am now testing the cloud stack 4.0 and i want to know is their any way
were i can schedule the time for example 6 days after that this virtual
instance will be automatically get deleted.
if yes then how can we do this.

--
Thanks & Regards
Deepak

Re: Can we schedule to delete the VM instance

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.
On 20-Mar-2013, at 10:04 AM, Deepak Yadav <de...@gmail.com>>
 wrote:

Ok !!!

So can we schedule the Instance after 30 Days it will automatically get
"expunge".

This feature is currently not available in CloudStack and I don't believe there are any plans for adding such a feature either. You could file a enhancement request in JIRA.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

My scenario is that At the time of provisioning or after VM instance
creation can we set the time for the Life of that instance.
so that after that time it will automatically get deleted.

So thats where The CLoudMonkey "utility" comes into picture. The utility allows you to write a wrapper script that can do the scheduling.

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Shanker Balan
<sh...@shapeblue.com>>wrote:

Hi Deepak,

Are you looking to delete a running VM instance automatically after 6
days? I would use cloud monkey to script this.

https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/cloudstack-cloudmonkey-cli.html

As for "VM Expunge", AFAIK, it's an internal task (and not a utility)
within cloudstack process to permanently delete VMs from the system that
are in a destroyed state. It does not "expunge" VMs that are active.

Hth.

Regards.

--
Shanker Balan
Managing Consultant

M: +91 98860 60539
ShapeBlue India, 22nd floor, Unit 2201, World Trade Centre, Bangalore -
560 055

On 20-Mar-2013, at 9:42 AM, Deepak Yadav <de...@gmail.com> wrote:

Gud Morning Koushik,

Thanks for your response !!!

Expung VM is configurable  ?  means I can achive this which I am thinking
from this utility !

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 11:12 PM, Koushik Das <koushik.das@citrix.com
wrote:

There is no such thing out-of-box, but you can write a script using
cloudmonkey or directly calling CS API to delete VMs and then run it at
some interval.
As a side note there is an expunge VM task if you are interested in that.

I am now testing the cloud stack 4.0 and i want to know is their any way

were

i can schedule the time for example 6 days after that this virtual

instance will

be automatically get deleted.
if yes then how can we do this.

--
Thanks & Regards
Deepak

--
Thanks & Regards
Deepak Yadav | Linux Admin | MothersonSumi INfotech & Designs Limited |
| Noida - 201301 | Uttar Pradesh | India |  T +91 9889284337 | 9015150337 |
E  Deepak.yadav@mind-infotech.com | www.mind-infotech.com |

intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender
if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a
company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is
operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered
trademark.

--
Thanks & Regards
Deepak Yadav | Linux Admin | MothersonSumi INfotech & Designs Limited |
| Noida - 201301 | Uttar Pradesh | India |  T +91 9889284337 | 9015150337 |
E  Deepak.yadav@mind-infotech.com<ma...@mind-infotech.com> | www.mind-infotech.com<http://www.mind-infotech.com> |

Regards.

--
Shanker Balan
Managing Consultant

[cid:E7CE8425-E245-4C99-B967-713DF2967392@local]

M: +91 98860 60539
shanker.balan@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com> | Twitter:@shapeblue
ShapeBlue India, 22nd floor, Unit 2201, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560 055

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: Can we schedule to delete the VM instance

Posted by Deepak Yadav <de...@gmail.com>.
Ok !!!

Posted by Rajesh Battala <ra...@citrix.com>.
Expuning VM interval is global config value and it applies to all VM's.
If a VM got deleted, it will go to expunge state. the VM will get deleted after the expunge interval got over.

I don't think the feature you were asking is implemented. Setting/Updating the deletion time/date when VM got created.

Thanks
Rajesh Battala

Posted by Deepak Yadav <de...@gmail.com>.
Gud Morning Koushik,