Posted to commits@myfaces.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/02/09 01:03:37 UTC

[Myfaces Wiki] Update of "Setting up Portal Environments for Bridge" by ScottOBryan

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Myfaces Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ScottOBryan:
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Setting_up_Portal_Environments_for_Bridge

The comment on the change is:
Added documentation for Pluto 1.1 on Tomcat 6

New page:
##language:en
= JSF 1.2 and Portlet 1.0 Configurations =
== Tomcat 6 and Pluto 1.1.4 ==
The JSF Portlet Bridge for JSF 1.2 and Portlet 1.0 should run with the existing Pluto implementation provided you meet the pre-requisites for JSF 1.2.  In order for this to work, Pluto needs to be installed on Tomcat 6.  Below is some documentation on how to do this.

=== Prerequisites ===
These items must be installed and working on your system before you get started:
 * J2SE JDK 1.5 or later
 * Maven 2
 * Subversion

=== Setup ===

Setup:

 1. Modify your ''~/.m2/settings.xml'' to add the following plugin group: {{{
 <settings>
   <pluginGroups>
     <pluginGroup>org.apache.pluto</pluginGroup>
   </pluginGroups>
 </settings>
 }}}
 1. Download Tomcat 6.0.16 or greater ([http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi#6.0.16]).  Extract it into a directory.
 1. Make sure the {{{ <Connector> }}} element in Tomcat's ''conf/server.xml'' file has the attribute {{{ emptySessionPath="true" }}} set.  If more then one connection is identified, this will be the "HTTP/1.1" connector.
 1. Add some users to Tomcat's ''conf/tomcat-users.xml'' file.  My understanding is that Pluto installer is supposed to do this for you, but it didn't in my case.  The default users file has comments around the default users so be sure to remove them.  Here is a good example:  {{{
 <tomcat-users>
   <role rolename="manager"/>
   <role rolename="pluto"/>
   <role rolename="tomcat"/>
   <role rolename="role1"/>
   <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,pluto,manager"/>
   <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
   <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
   <user username="pluto" password="pluto" roles="pluto,manager"/>
 </tomcat-users>
}}}
 1. Create a directory for your Pluto 1.4.4 source tree and cd into it from a command line.
 1. Type: {{{ svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/pluto/tags/pluto-1.1.4 }}}
 1. Type: {{{ mvn pluto:install -DinstallDir="<TOMCAT_DIR>" }}}
 1. In Tomcat's bin directory, execute {{{ startup.sh }}} (linux) or {{{ startup.bat }}} (windows)
 1. Browse to {{{ http://localhost:8080/pluto/portal }}}
 1. Login as user pluto (password=pluto) or tomcat (password=tomcat) if you are using the ''tomcat-users.xml'' above or else whatever user you have set up to be in the pluto and manager role.

'''TODO:''' I'm waiting for a demo app to be created so that I can tell how to deploy the demo application in this environment.