Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu> on 2001/11/09 01:57:07 UTC

RE: 2.0.28

I did some testing on 2.0.28:

Can you bump the tag on httpd.conf to get the revert of that BeOS IfModule
thing of David's (very important)?  Can you also bump the tag on
mod_headers.c to include the fix for the (new within the last day)
constness compiler warning I just committed (not critical)?

Other than that,

+1 for BSD/OS+prefork
   tested with ./ab -n 10000 -c 10 -k .../manual/index.html.en

+1 for Solaris 2.6+worker
   tested only to compile

+1 for Linux 2.4.13+worker (Slackware 8)
+1 for Linux 2.4.3+worker (RH7.1)
   tested with httpd-test HEAD, failed some tests:
      Failed Test  Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of failed
      modules/cgi.t                36   33  91.67%  1-4, 6, 8-27, 29-36
      ssl/env.t                    22   16  72.73%  1-5, 12-22
         Do these look normal?  They've been failing for quite a while
         now and nobody else that I know of except Aaron seems to have
         noticed.

Can't test with httpd-test on Solaris 2.6 because of the following, which
has also been there for ages:
    jcw5q@cobra:/uf2/jcw5q/apache/httpd-test/perl-framework$ t/TEST
    setting ulimit to allow core files
    ulimit -c unlimited
    exec t/TEST
    /bin/sh: ulimit: bad ulimit

Config used:
--enable-modules=most
--enable-file-cache
--enable-so
--enable-case-filter
--enable-case-filter-in
--enable-proxy
--enable-ssl
--with-mpm=worker
--enable-maintainer-mode

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA

Re: 2.0.28

Posted by Greg Ames <gr...@remulak.net>.
Cliff Woolley wrote:

> I did some testing on 2.0.28:
>
> Can you bump the tag on httpd.conf to get the revert of that BeOS IfModule
> thing of David's (very important)?

done.

>                                     Can you also bump the tag on
> mod_headers.c to include the fix for the (new within the last day)
> constness compiler warning I just committed (not critical)?

normally I would resist sliding in something that's not that important.
But you went way beyond the call of duty with your testing of the
preliminary tarball, not to mention recently slaying the dragon of
BSD/OS make, so I bumped this one too.

Greg

Re: 2.0.28

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Cliff Woolley wrote:

>  tested with httpd-test HEAD, failed some tests:
>     Failed Test  Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of failed

Run this with "t/TEST -v apache/limits" and it will tell you
what it's trying to do with those tests.  If you're using a
recent checkout, and LWP 5.60 or later, tests 7 and 9 are
sending a GET request with a chunked body.  Test 7 sends a
small body, and 9 sends a large one (larger than LimitRequestBody
bytes).
--
#ken	P-)}

Re: 2.0.28

Posted by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com>.
On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> >       modules/cgi.t                36   33  91.67%  1-4, 6, 8-27, 29-36
> >       ssl/env.t                    22   16  72.73%  1-5, 12-22
> >          Do these look normal?  They've been failing for quite a while
> >          now and nobody else that I know of except Aaron seems to have
> >          noticed.
>
> Those two seem to be related to a stale httpd-test build.  Usually a
> fresh checkout seem to make it work.  But, I'll try to check again
> later this weekend.  -- justin

Ah, that's one thing I didn't try... I'll re-check-out and see what
happens.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA

Re: 2.0.28

Posted by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com>.
On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> >       modules/cgi.t                36   33  91.67%  1-4, 6, 8-27, 29-36
> >       ssl/env.t                    22   16  72.73%  1-5, 12-22
> >          Do these look normal?  They've been failing for quite a while
> >          now and nobody else that I know of except Aaron seems to have
> >          noticed.
>
> Those two seem to be related to a stale httpd-test build.  Usually a
> fresh checkout seem to make it work.  But, I'll try to check again
> later this weekend.  -- justin

FYI, I did a fresh checkout on one of my boxes and it didn't help.  I'll
try it on the other one later today.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com