Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anton Tagunov <ta...@motor.ru> on 2001/11/05 19:46:10 UTC

charset not set in content-type when the locale is set

Hello, all!

Was testing jakarta-taglibs i18n.
There was a locale being set to
Locale.JAPAN (or whatever it is)
still the reply was coming

with content-type=text/html; charset=iso8859_1

same thing when response.setLocale(new Locale("ru","RU"))

is this a bug?

--
Best regards,
 Anton                          mailto:tagunov@motor.ru

Re: charset not set in content-type when the locale is set

Posted by IService <he...@iservice.bg>.
Anton, try this attached file.

Dimiter Bakardjiev

Re: charset not set in content-type when the locale is set

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Anton Tagunov wrote:

> Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 21:46:10 +0300
> From: Anton Tagunov <ta...@motor.ru>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: charset not set in content-type when the locale is set
>
> Hello, all!
>
> Was testing jakarta-taglibs i18n.
> There was a locale being set to
> Locale.JAPAN (or whatever it is)
> still the reply was coming
>
> with content-type=text/html; charset=iso8859_1
>
> same thing when response.setLocale(new Locale("ru","RU"))
>
> is this a bug?

If there is a bug, it is probably either in your application (trying to
set the character set after the response has been flushed, or within an
included servlet or JSP page), or in the tag library itself.  I would
suggest asking for help with this specific tag library on the TAGLIBS-USER
mailing list (see <http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html> for mailing
list subscription information).

> --
> Best regards,