Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Carson Gross <ca...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/01 17:43:00 UTC

Specifying a custom DirectoryScanner for surefire

Hi,

Again, apologies for the newb question, but is there a way to specify a
custom DirectoryScanner for surefire to use via the command line?  Looking
through the surefire docs I didn't see anything, and I don't have a good
handle on how to inject custom configuration into maven, although I see
what appears to be fairly mature dependency injection code in the source
for Surefire.

Thanks,
Carson

Re: Specifying a custom DirectoryScanner for surefire

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.
No, there are no such user-configurable extension points, so any extension
points
you need will have to be added.

That being said, there is an ongoing effort to create an official API for
surefire, but this is an ongoing process that is expected to take some
time. This does not prevent you from making patches to make your current
feature requirements work.

I see you have created a jira for your feature request (
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-815)
which is nice. We have quite a few such jiras that directly/indirectly
describe
desired API functionality/Extension points, and I will be using this in
trying to shape the
"finalized" public api's.

I will comment further on the issue in question, but your main challenge is
not really to get
the directoryScanner injection going, but to get the classloading/plugin
issues running properly.

I'll update the issue with some tips.

Kristian