Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bernhard Slominski <be...@zooplus.com> on 2005/04/14 10:38:24 UTC

Precompilation of tag files

Hi,

after getting the jsp precompilation finally working, I want also want to do
the precompliation for tag files.
I'm using tomcat 5.5.7 on both Windows 2000 and Sun Solaris.
So something like this:
<%@ taglib prefix="mytag" tagdir="/WEB-INF/tags" %>
<mytag:header/>

The precompilation task generates servlets and servlet mappings in the
web.xml.
The jasper2 task also creates the servlet and even the class file for the
tag file.
But I don't see a chance to do the mapping to the compiled tag file servlet
in the web.xml.

Any ideas about this?

Thanks

Bernhard

Re: Precompilation of tag files

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Bernhard Slominski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after getting the jsp precompilation finally working, I want also want to do
> the precompliation for tag files.

JSP precompilation should also trigger precompilation for custom tags
within the JSP.

> The precompilation task generates servlets and servlet mappings in the
> web.xml.
> The jasper2 task also creates the servlet and even the class file for the
> tag file.

You can't be seeing a servlet. Its probably a final class implementing
one of the tag interfaces in the javax.servlet.jsp.tagext package.

> But I don't see a chance to do the mapping to the compiled tag file servlet
> in the web.xml.

Its not a servlet ;-) Theres no per tag mapping in web.xml

-Rahul