Posted to users@camel.apache.org by gu...@barclays.com on 2013/01/28 16:18:42 UTC

Transforming large mainframe file

Hi,
                I am trying to parse and transform a large mainframe file using camel. I am trying to use the "Splitter" but I could not get it to work for my requirement. My requirement is that I need to split a large  file based on size (in chunks of 500 bytes). The Source file size is about 2GB. Can someone advise, if this can be done using camel or should use normal java to parse and transform.

I am evaluating Camel for one of my new project.

Any Advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
GV

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute
it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received
it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a
solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or
service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Barclays. Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link: www.barclays.com/emaildisclaimer.
By messaging with Barclays you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays offers premier investment banking
products and services to its clients through Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England
(number 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may
relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.

Re: Transforming large mainframe file

Posted by Gvvenkat <Gv...@yahoo.com>.
My bad.. Please ignore this request. I found the solution  for this.

Re: Transforming large mainframe file

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Also check out my comment in this block post...

Sent from a mobile device

Posted by "Walzer, Thomas" <th...@integratix.net>.
did you try with streaming="true"?