Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoffrey Wiseman <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/19 19:45:39 UTC

Spring and Reload

I've got a Tapestry 5 page which seems to reload as often as needed as I
change it.  I'm injecting a DAO into it using tapestry-spring (but not
tapestry-hibernate, since I want Spring to control Hibernate).  As I change
the DAOs and the page, the page reloads, but it seems as if the DAOs do not
-- my application will complain that the DAO doesn't contain a method, for
instance.  As soon as I bounce the application server, the page picks up the
change in the DAO.

Is there any secret to getting Tapestry-Spring and live class reloading
working well together?

  - Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey Wiseman
http://www.geoffreywiseman.ca/

Re: Spring and Reload

Posted by Francois Armand <fa...@linagora.com>.
Geoffrey Wiseman wrote:
> Ah. Fair enough. ;) Better to have it there than nowhere.

For the Spring part, you could try Javarebel [1] which is a class
reloader at the JVM level.
Hum, I don't know how well (or perhaps how bad) Javarebel and T5 class
loader will go together.

[1] http://www.zeroturnaround.com/javarebel
Disclamer: it's not opensource, and it's not free.

--
Francois Armand
Etudes & Développements J2EE

Re: Spring and Reload