Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ivan Grobar <iv...@global-engineering-technologies.com> on 2014/12/03 10:38:18 UTC

Wicket AbstractRequestCycleListener processing messages

Hi all,

I need to fetch info, warning, error messages from a page, messages are
generated in many different components (regular and ajax components). I need
to fetch this and update one component, let's say for example
MulitLineLabel, but I have a problem to do this.

I have overridden onRequestHandlerResolved and when handler type is
IPageRequestHandler there is no problem, but during second call of this
function handler type is BufferedResponseRequestHandler. When I click on
button which onlick function calls info("Test"); I process this but I cannot
update component or should I say I dont know how. I can update component
only during first call when handler is IPageRequestHandler  but with second
it just won't work.

Can anybody help me do this?

Re: Wicket AbstractRequestCycleListener processing messages

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Wicket
uses org.apache.wicket.settings.IRequestCycleSettings.RenderStrategy#REDIRECT_TO_RENDER
by default.
This means that Wicket will render the page, save it (in a buffer), make a
redirect and just flush this buffer to the client/browser.

So whatever you did during the rendering phase should be enough. The
collected feedback messages should be part of the saved markup in the
buffer.

We will need more information what you do exactly to find out what happens.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov