Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2015/04/21 15:53:15 UTC

Feature removal for 6.0.0

Hi all,

I will today send out emails for a number of features that we discussed at the summit, and would like to see removed from v6.0.0. I’ll send an individual email for each of these features, and I’m asking anyone who sincerely care about the feature to speak up. One caveat here, it’s not enough to say that you want to keep a feature, without justifications and plans for supporting it. In many cases, the features removed is, or will be, replaced with other similar features.

-- Leif

Re: Feature removal for 6.0.0

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

> On Apr 21, 2015, at 7:57 AM, Faysal Banna <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> One Question Zwoop. Sir.
> when you say that the feature removed shall be replaced with other similar
> feature does it have the same config or we need to change the configs to
> maintain same functionality of the replaced feature with the similar one ?

When's new feature is replacing something old, there would likely be new configurations.

-- Leif

Re: Feature removal for 6.0.0

Posted by Faysal Banna <de...@gmail.com>.
One Question Zwoop. Sir.