Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by "Meloro, John" <Me...@Pragmatics.com> on 2004/03/24 18:54:25 UTC

Newbie question on UDDI4J; SaveBusinessExample

All,

I realize that this is "not really" a JUDDI problem, but rather a problem of
using UDDI4J to "publish" to JUDDI.  However, it seemed like the best place
to come for help since many readers have successfully used UDDI4J to publish
simple entries to JUDDI.

I believe that I have JUDDI ver. 0.8 configured correctly under TomCat
4.1.40 under Windows XP.  At least I am able to get all "green" responses
back from happyjuddi.jsp.  So, next I thought that I would modify the
SaveBusinessExample.java program to publish a simple entry to the JUDDI
Registry.

Needless to say because I am so new at this it failed...

According to the Stack Trace Dump the offending line is:

AuthToken token = proxy.get_authToken( "juddi", "password" );

and the Stack Trace Dump is
[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error opening socket: null;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error opening socket:
null]

I am pretty sure that this a problem with the program setting up the correct
environment.  However, I am at a loss as to know what to correct?

Thanks in advance,
John M.