Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mark Young <ma...@kamiak.com> on 2001/10/02 00:06:23 UTC

WSDL generation for deployed services

I can't get this to work.  In fact, when I point my browser at http://localhost:8080/axis/services/MyService (this is example 3 from the user guide) I get an HTTP 404 error -- Not Found.  When I point it at http://localhost:8080/axis/services I do get something that says it is an Axis service.

Note that I have deployed MyService, and have both verified it with .../services?list, and invoked it via the test client.

Incidentally, the installation guide says something about not having to fool with class paths in setting up axis (under Tomcat 4.0 in my case).  Well, I had to fool with class paths big time.  In particular, I had to have the path to my preferred XML parser for anything to work, and I had to have the path to my axis/WEB-INF/classes for services to be invokable.

Regards,

Mark Young
mark@kamiak.com

Re: WSDL generation for deployed services

Posted by Glen Daniels <gd...@macromedia.com>.
Hi Mark!

Try going to your webapp's web.xml, and replacing the

<url-mapping>/services</url-mapping>

with

<url-mapping>/services/*</url-mapping>

This was an oversight/bug in the alpha-2 release, which has since been corrected.

Let us know if that doesn't fix the problem!

--Glen