Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by AM...@nlh.nf.ca on 2002/08/28 13:44:49 UTC

jetspeed = slowspeed?

Hi,
I'm a jetspeed newbie, impressed with its functionality etc.  My only
concern about using it in production is with response time.  A user portal
page takes about 8-10 seconds to appear, even with just a 'hello world'
portlet defined for the user.    Meanwhile, I have some fairly intensive
servlets on the same box that take only 1-2 seconds.  (800MHz, NT, 256Mb,
JRun servlet engine.)

My settings are prettly much out-of-the-box.  cachedOnName="true"
cachedOnValue="true" are set for all portlets.

Are my response times the norm or am I missing something?  Would using
external RDMS rather than Turbine improve things (I've tried SQL server and
Sybase with no luck).?

Thanks!
Andrew