Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Abhishek Dasgupta <a1...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> on 2016/04/07 14:34:28 UTC

Design Doc for Qemu/KVM containerizer

Hi all,

I uploaded a design doc for Mesos-2717:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_VuFiJqxjlH_CA1BCMknl3sadlTZ69FuDe7qasDIOk0/edit?usp=sharing

Need your views and comments on it.

   Abhishek Dasgupta
   Linux Software Developer - Linux Technology Centre
   IBM Systems Lab,
   IBM India Pvt. Ltd.
   Embassy Golf Link, D Block
   Koramongala - Off Indiranagar Ring Road
   Bangalore - 560 071
   Mobile: +91-8884107981

Re: Design Doc for Qemu/KVM containerizer

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.
hi, @rojas Thank you very much for your information. Let me find a second
shepherd for [Modularize the containerizer interface].

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: Design Doc for Qemu/KVM containerizer

Posted by Alexander Rojas <al...@mesosphere.io>.
Hi Haosdent,

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot!

Posted by Abhishek Dasgupta <a1...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>.
Yeah, sure @haosdent.

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: Design Doc for Qemu/KVM containerizer

Posted by Guangya Liu <gy...@gmail.com>.
@haosdent,

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi, @Abhishek Thanks your nice design document. I just take a look your
code in
https://github.com/abdasgupta/mesos/commit/e845ee70602dfc774381996f884587578c07a25b
. It looks like a prototype now. Do you every consider implement it through
the module way. Refer to the ticket [Modularize the containerizer
interface](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-3709) and the
document [Containerizer Modularization Design](
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fj3G2-YFprqauQUd7fbHsD03vGAGg_k_EtH-s6fRkDo/edit?usp=sharing
).

As you know, you have the ticket about add support to rkt container(
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-2162) and hyper container(
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-3435). We may like to support
more container types in the future. I think add the support to these
container types through module way would be better.

Current my work status about [Modularize the containerizer interface](
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-3709) is public all my patches
a week ago and not yet been reviewed. And I could not contact with till to
review my design doc in past month. So the design may change in the future.
Looking forward your feedbacks and concerns about this. I would appreciated
for that.

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 8:34 PM, Abhishek Dasgupta <
a10gupta@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I uploaded a design doc for Mesos-2717:
>

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_VuFiJqxjlH_CA1BCMknl3sadlTZ69FuDe7qasDIOk0/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Need your views and comments on it.
>
> --
>   Regards,

>   Abhishek Dasgupta
>   Linux Software Developer - Linux Technology Centre
>   IBM Systems Lab,
>   IBM India Pvt. Ltd.
>   Embassy Golf Link, D Block
>   Koramongala - Off Indiranagar Ring Road
>   Bangalore - 560 071
>   Mobile: +91-8884107981

Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: Design Doc for Qemu/KVM containerizer

Posted by Abhishek Dasgupta <a1...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>.
Yeah Sure. It is done. Please check.

Posted by Jörg Schad <jo...@mesosphere.io>.

Posted by Vaibhav Khanduja <va...@gmail.com>.
+1

lkvm should be taken as a separate activity ..prioritized based on it maturity ..

Posted by "Du, Fan" <fa...@intel.com>.