Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Kavitha Shetty (kavshett)" <ka...@cisco.com> on 2005/07/25 05:25:32 UTC

Recreating a deleted log4j file

Hi,

I have an application that uses log4j for all logging purposes. While
the application is running, if the user deletes one of the logger files,
is there any mechanism by which log4j APIs can recreate this file and
continue sending the log messages to this file?

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks in advance
Kavitha

Re: Recreating a deleted log4j file

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
The only option that comes to mind is extending the appender class.

On 7/24/05, Kavitha Shetty (kavshett) <ka...@cisco.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an application that uses log4j for all logging purposes. While
> the application is running, if the user deletes one of the logger files,
> is there any mechanism by which log4j APIs can recreate this file and
> continue sending the log messages to this file?
>
> Please let me know if this is possible.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Kavitha

James Stauffer