Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Somesh Kumar <so...@hotmail.com> on 2004/02/14 21:08:57 UTC

unable to connect

Hi,

I am xindice new bie running xindice 1.1.b3 on tomcat 4.1.24. I have
installed the webapp version of xindice aling with the standalone server of
it. But I usually use the embedded version of it. I have created a utility
program for adding deleting documents from the database.  But on trying to
run the code I get an error

XML:DB Exception occured 1
org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: A connection to the Database instance
'localhost:6669' could not be created. Error: Connection refused

The main excerpt of the code is as follows

import org.xmldb.api.base.*;

import org.xmldb.api.modules.*;

import org.xmldb.api.*;

import java.util.Vector;

import java.io.FileInputStream;

import java.io.File;

import java.io.IOException;

import org.w3c.dom.Node;

import org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.embed.DatabaseImpl;
import org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.CollectionManager;
import org.apache.xindice.xml.dom.DocumentImpl;
import org.w3c.dom.Document;
import org.w3c.dom.Element;
import org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager;
import org.xmldb.api.base.Collection;
import org.xmldb.api.base.Resource;
import org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException;
import org.xmldb.api.modules.CollectionManagementService;

public class XindiceUtils{

	private Collection col = null;

	private static final String driver =
"org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl";

	private static final String collectionbase = "xmldb:xindice-embed:///db/";

	private Database database = null;

	private DatabaseManager dbman = null;

	public XindiceUtils(){

		try {

			dbman = new DatabaseManager();

			Class c = Class.forName(driver);

			database = (Database) c.newInstance();

			dbman.registerDatabase(database);

		} catch (Exception e) {

			e.printStackTrace(System.err);

		}

	}

When i try to run xindice ac -c xmldb:xindice//localhost:6669/db -n dummy

It creates the collection flawlessly and it can be seen on trying the url
http://locahost:6669/xindice

Does any one now what I am doing wrong here.

Regards,

Somesh

Easiest Money Transfer to India. Send Money To 6000 Indian Towns.
http://go.msnserver.com/IN/42198.asp Easiest Way To Send Money Home!