Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch> on 2002/01/18 10:41:15 UTC

Re: can't access apache web page from other computer within the same local LAN.

Please post in plain text - I can't quote your message...

Check your "Listen" directive.. If it doesn't exist, apache will listen
to all IP addresses by default but if it is defined, apache will listen
only to those defined. If in doubt, put:

Listen 172.20.3.4:80

Do you have a FW running on the server? Is port 80 allowed through?

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

Re: Apache Working with php4.1.1 but now...

Posted by Steven Pierce <pa...@speakeasy.net>.
Justin,

One of the best places to do so is the Oreilly DNS and Bind book.
Here is the link:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dns4/

Tells you alot of information.  It is not real expensive, you can get it at
a local Barnes and Noble.

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.
zhao fengfeng wrote:

> I tried with both Listen set and commented in httpd.conf, but it makes
> no different.
>     I run the apache with root, FW running on the server?$B!!(BBy the way, I
> run into the same problem when installing telnet server, ( other
> computer can't telnet to my computer, ). Is it related with access
> permittion files? I am new to linux.
> ( I installed the redhat with workstation option, not server).

If telnet won't work either, then your problem is not at the apache
layer. You have a network problem...

- can you ping your server from another machine?

- check your IP address by running (as root):

# ifconfig -a

this will tell you what IP addresses your machine is listening to.

- on the remote machine, check you have a route to your webserver:

# netstat -r

Check the man pages if you're not familiar with these commands.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.

RE: can't access apache web page from other computer within the same local LAN.

Posted by zhao fengfeng <es...@yahoo.co.jp>.
I tried with both Listen set and commented in httpd.conf, but it makes
no different.
    I run the apache with root, FW running on the server? By the way, I