Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1997/01/15 17:47:24 UTC

Re: [BUG]: "1.1.[23] sec-fix complains about EACESS from stat() " on Solaris 2.x

Thanks for the information.

cheers,
rob

On Wed, 15 Jan 1997 willday@rom.oit.gatech.edu wrote:

> Submitter: willday@rom.oit.gatech.edu
> Operating system: Solaris 2.x, version:
> Version of Apache Used: 1.1.3
> Extra Modules used:
> URL exhibiting problem: agent_log_module referer_log_module config_log_module status_module
>
> Symptoms:
> --
> If a directory has insufficient perms (700), apache will report in the error_log that "stat() returned unexpected error[13]" for _each_ possible index file in srm.con:DirectoryIndex.  Errno 13, according to /usr/include/sys/errno.h, is EACCES "Permissio
n denied".  This tends to fill up the error_log unnecessarily, and more important error messages get lost in the noise.  I would imagine the code should check to see if the errno=EACCES, and just return FORBIDDEN, without logging an error.

Rob Hartill.       Internet Movie Database Ltd.    http://www.imdb.com/