Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by janb <jb...@talend.com> on 2012/02/27 17:00:44 UTC

Custom claim parser

Hi everyone,

currently there is now way to use a custom dialect in requested claims. Even
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/05/identity/claims supports only one
element (ClaimType).

What is missing is a ClaimParser Interface and the possibility to write
custom ClaimParser for a custom dialect.
In a customer project I had the need to request a validation for a specific
claim value (active role of a consumer). Therefore I created a patch to CXF
to enable my STS to register certain ClaimHandler for different dialects.

I provided my patch via Jira to CXF and hope that my work is helpful and can
be continued by CXF.
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-4062.

This patch is just a starting point. I think there should be a more complex
redesign of the current claim handling implementation, because it currently
focuses on only one Use-Case. The following improvements should be done:

* The RequestClaim class should be replaced by a more flexible interface
supporting any kind of parsing and handling custom dialects.
* It should be possible to include/configure custom claimparser via spring
config
* A fully supporting implementation of
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/05/identity/claims dialect would be great

Best regards