Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by "Douglas Thompson (dthompson)" <dt...@micron.com> on 2021/12/03 15:29:51 UTC

NB 12.5 Maven Goal Definitions

Micron Confidential

We’re seeing a problem in our Windows 10 environments where, in NB 12.5, we can’t seem to set the Maven Goal definitions.  I verified this on a clean install of NB 12.5 with Windows 10 (I did not import from a previous NB installation).  NB 12.1 seems to be working fine, but it’s possible there were security measures added after having these set.

Could this be some sort of security restriction in our Windows 10 environments, or is this a known issue?  Is there a manual way we can modify files to enable Maven actions?

[cid:image001.png@01D7E81F.E4B7CD00]

Thanks.

Doug.

Micron Confidential

Re: NB 12.5 Maven Goal Definitions

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.
Does this maybe have something to do with the "type" of project involved
(i.e. was a new Maven project created, was it a "Java" project
[ant/gradle], from an existing project/existing code, etc.) ?  I know when
I was working on an "Ant project" vs a "Maven" project, the properties in
each were slightly different (i.e. Maven did not have "Libraries" purely
but instead had "Dependencies" and included "javascript properties", Ant
allowed adding dependency via "Libraries for the project", etc.)

At what point did the "no actions" become present? It sounds like in the
old iteration [which may have had actions] but after imported then no
longer exists in the new context?

So is this a possible issue in the "import" context, the "project" context,
or some other context?

Does an issue need to be raised for this then?

Eric Bresie
ebresie@gmail.com

Posted by "Douglas Thompson (dthompson)" <dt...@micron.com>.
Micron Confidential

From: Douglas Thompson (dthompson) <dt...@micron.com>
Date: Friday, December 3, 2021 at 8:41 AM
To: dev@netbeans.apache.org <de...@netbeans.apache.org>
Subject: Re: NB 12.5 Maven Goal Definitions

From: Douglas Thompson (dthompson) <dt...@micron.com>
Date: Friday, December 3, 2021 at 8:29 AM
To: dev@netbeans.apache.org <de...@netbeans.apache.org>
Subject: NB 12.5 Maven Goal Definitions

[cid:image001.png@01D7E862.2E7CAA40]

Posted by "Douglas Thompson (dthompson)" <dt...@micron.com>.
Micron Confidential

From: Douglas Thompson (dthompson) <dt...@micron.com>
Date: Friday, December 3, 2021 at 8:29 AM
To: dev@netbeans.apache.org <de...@netbeans.apache.org>

[cid:image001.png@01D7E821.8C4A8DE0]

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 at 16:06, Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 at 15:43, Geertjan Wielenga
> <ge...@googlemail.com.invalid> wrote:
> > Try another system as well to see if the problem is specific to your
> > environments or whether you can reproduce it elsewhere.
>
> I can definitely see the issue mentioned.
>
> Not sure what introduced it.  I always use custom goals on a project
> level rather than globally.  Is that a viable workaround for you
> Douglas?

The other workaround.

Close NetBeans, go into your userdir and find the file -
/config/Projects/org-netbeans-modules-maven/nbactions.xml

Edit the custom action that's disabled and add any goal to it.

eg.
         <action>
            <actionName>CUSTOM-FOO</actionName>
            <displayName>FOO</displayName>
            <goals>
              <goal>clean</goal>
            </goals>
        </action>

Now reopen NetBeans and you should be able to edit the action as
needed in the UI.

I suspect this is caused by
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/3016 although I haven't
checked for definite.  It mentions disabling actions with no goals.

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: NB 12.5 Maven Goal Definitions

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Try another system as well to see if the problem is specific to your
environments or whether you can reproduce it elsewhere.

Gj