Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jan Schäfer <ja...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/03 13:04:03 UTC

Axis 1.2 AsyncCall

Hi,

I'd like to use Axis and SOAP over HTTP for aynchronous messaging. Now
I'm interested in how Axis internally matches responses to requests,
and how the web service knows where to send the reply. Because I
thought that you have to specify a unique ID (a correlator) and the
return address for the service to receive a response.
The reason for this is, that I've written handlers that add
instrumentation data to each request and have to match
request/response in them as well (in asynchronous messages). But if
Axis already supports this, I won't have to implement it...

Thanks,
Jan

Re: Axis 1.2 AsyncCall

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Jan,

No. Axis 1.2 does not support this yet.

thanks,
dims

Re: Axis 1.2 AsyncCall

Posted by Egor Pervuninski <pe...@quorus.ru>.
Hello,

## Jan Schäfer : Wed, 3 Nov 2004 12:04:03 +0000

JS>  Hi, I'd like to use Axis and SOAP over HTTP for aynchronous
JS> messaging. Now I'm interested in how Axis internally matches
JS> the reply. Because I thought that you have to specify a unique ID
JS> (a correlator) and the return address for the service to receive a
JS> response.  The reason for this is, that I've written handlers that
JS> add instrumentation data to each request and have to match
JS> request/response in them as well (in asynchronous messages). But
JS> if Axis already supports this, I won't have to implement it...

For now you have to implement it yourself. One way is to use correlation
mechanism of the underlying transport (for example we used correlation IDs
of JMS messages to match request and response). Another way is to use
specification like WS-Addressing and transfer correlation ID in message
header.

Regards,
Egor Pervuninski