Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Saurabh Dani <sa...@danicorp.com> on 2007/07/04 16:02:01 UTC

Can solr search any lucene index?

Just like Luke, can Solr search any Lucene index by just changing
"something" in the configuration or Solr stores any specific information in
the indexes which must be there in order to do searches using Solr?

Thanks
Saurabh

Re: Can solr search any lucene index?

Posted by Saurabh Dani <sa...@danicorp.com>.
Thanks will give it a try.

Should we worry about disabling any index creation / updating / commit
configurations, if they run on schedule / start-up to avoid conflicts with
our update code, or all the index update operations must be explicitly
called (in such a case, we will not have to worry about those?)

Thanks again.

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.