Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mark Stevens <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2008/12/18 23:04:28 UTC

How to use ErrorDocument Directive when Apache is configured as pure reverse proxy.

Hi all,

Anyone had any luck with serving custom error documents when Apache is
configured as a reverse proxy?  I do not have a DocumentRoot, just Rewrite
and ProxyPass back to application server?

When the back end is overloaded, Apache generates it's generic 503 Page, I
need to change this default Apache 503 page to a custom 503, this will need
to come from Apache flat file not the back end server.

I have tried adding a DocumentRoot and exclusion RewriteCond, but mod proxy
and Apache seem to be intercepting the request and trying to serve it from
the back end server that is being reverse proxied.

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

Re: How to use ErrorDocument Directive when Apache is configured as pure reverse proxy.

Posted by Mark Stevens <ma...@googlemail.com>.
I'll have another try and re-directing to external server, it seemed to be
getting ignored last time I tried.

Many thanks,

Mark.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.