Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Bruce McGuire <br...@coastware.com> on 2008/02/13 08:07:34 UTC

Extending DropDownChoice

Hi.

I would like to save the result of a DropDownChoice in my custom session.
But, I am stumped about how to extend it. I had thought that I would
@Override the getChoices and onSelectionChanged methods, but Eclipse tells
me that "The method onSelectionChanged(Pool) of type PoolSelect must
override or implement a supertype method".

I am stumped on how to extend this, or even if I should. Any pointers to
tips or best practices would be greatly appreciated.

In case it is not obvious from the question, I am new to Wicket (but loving
it so far).

Thanks,

Bruce.

RE: Extending DropDownChoice

Posted by Bruce <br...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the information Igor.  Reading now.

Bruce.
give dropdownchoice a model, and in this model's setobject(object)
save the value into session. also check out the models page on the
wiki, it is important to understand/use models correctly.

-igor

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.