Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Shahzad Bhatti <bh...@plexobject.com> on 2009/02/27 20:22:57 UTC

Setting redelivery policy

I am using ActiveMQ with Hibernate and Spring. In my listener when I throw a
runtime-exception, the message is sent back to the queue as expected. But I
don't see it's redelivered to the listener. I think by default the maximum
redlivery is 6 before it sends the message to DLQ, e.g.

maximumRedeliveries 	6 	Sets the maximum number of times a message will be
redelivered before it is considered a poisoned pill and returned to the
broker so it can go to a Dead Letter Queue (use value -1 to define infinite
number of redeliveries)

I would appreciate any help with setting up redelivery policy and DLQ.