Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by JRR <jr...@cisco.com> on 2012/04/04 19:02:46 UTC

Set JMSType using activeMQCPP

Hello,

I think I know how to do this but I want to confirm with the crowd.

We're using AMQ as the MOM between my group, which use ActiveMQ-CPP, and
another group which I believe is using camel. They've requested that the
header's "type" field gets set and they indicate that they use
Messge.getJMSType() to get the value. They recommended that I use
Message.setJMSType().

I searched the ActiveMQ-CPP API and I don't see a Message::setJMSType() but
I *did* find a Message::setCMSType(). Is this the same? I'm going to test it
out.

Or perhaps I should just use Message::setStringProperty("JMSType", "value")
call?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

-=John

Re: Set JMSType using activeMQCPP

Posted by Ivan Pechorin <iv...@gmail.com>.

On 04.04.2012, at 21:02, JRR <jr...@cisco.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I think I know how to do this but I want to confirm with the crowd.
>
> We're using AMQ as the MOM between my group, which use ActiveMQ-CPP, and
> another group which I believe is using camel. They've requested that the
> header's "type" field gets set and they indicate that they use
> Messge.getJMSType() to get the value. They recommended that I use
> Message.setJMSType().
>
> I searched the ActiveMQ-CPP API and I don't see a Message::setJMSType() but
> I *did* find a Message::setCMSType(). Is this the same? I'm going to test it
> out.

The same. setCMSType() in CMS API (ActiveMQ-C++) sets the same field as setJMSType() in Java JMS API.