Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com> on 2011/06/15 02:08:52 UTC

Bug in parameter processing + inheritance

I'm still wrapping my head around the guts of the (new) transformation code, new ParameterWorker implementation, etc. However, it appears that we have a timing problem on the default parameter initialization when component inheritance is in play. Basically, the child-class parameters have their default values set before the parent class parameters, which is a problem if the child class parameters depend on a parent-class-parameter value.  This happens whether or not "principal=true" on the parent class parameter.  I'll be opening up a jira, but wanted to post here first to see if anybody else has any insight on this problem.

Robert