Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Santi Saez <sa...@hostalia.com> on 2005/12/04 23:56:17 UTC

[users@httpd] Error enabling "mod_expires" in Apache 1.3.33

Hello,

I am trying to install "mod_expires" module in a Apache 1.3.33 server
under GNU/Linux box. This is the output of "httpd -l":

# /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
   http_core.c
   mod_env.c
   mod_log_config.c
   mod_mime.c
   mod_negotiation.c
   mod_status.c
   mod_include.c
   mod_autoindex.c
   mod_dir.c
   mod_cgi.c
   mod_asis.c
   mod_imap.c
   mod_actions.c
   mod_userdir.c
   mod_alias.c
   mod_access.c
   mod_auth.c
   mod_so.c
   mod_setenvif.c
   mod_ssl.c
   mod_frontpage.c
suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/local/apache/bin/suexec

This is the de configuration code at "/etc/httpd/conf.d/
mod_expires.conf":

LoadModule      expires_module  libexec/mod_expires.so

When running configtest I get this error/warns:

# /etc/init.d/httpd configtest
Processing config directory: /usr/local/apache/conf.d/*.conf
Processing config file: /usr/local/apache/conf.d/mod_expires.conf
(..)
[Sun Dec  4 23:55:24 2005] [error] Cannot remove module
mod_expires.c: not found in module list

Trying with "AddModule" and "LoadModule" I get this:

# cat /etc/httpd/conf.d/mod_expires.conf
AddModule       mod_expires.c
LoadModule      expires_module  libexec/mod_expires.so

# /etc/init.d/httpd configtest
Processing config directory: /usr/local/apache/conf.d/*.conf
Processing config file: /usr/local/apache/conf.d/mod_expires.conf
Syntax error on line 4 of /usr/local/apache/conf.d/mod_expires.conf:
Cannot add module via name 'mod_expires.c': not in list of loaded
modules

What can I do to enable this module? Thanks!

Santi Saez

Re: [users@httpd] Error enabling "mod_expires" in Apache 1.3.33

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 12/4/05, Santi Saez <sa...@hostalia.com> wrote:

> This is the de configuration code at "/etc/httpd/conf.d/
> mod_expires.conf":
>
> LoadModule      expires_module  libexec/mod_expires.so
>
> When running configtest I get this error/warns:
>
> # /etc/init.d/httpd configtest
> Processing config directory: /usr/local/apache/conf.d/*.conf
> Processing config file: /usr/local/apache/conf.d/mod_expires.conf
> (..)
> [Sun Dec  4 23:55:24 2005] [error] Cannot remove module
> mod_expires.c: not found in module list

It's been a long time since I've used 1.3, but I believe the key is to
put the LoadModule line *after* the ClearModuleList directive in
httpd.conf (noting that Include'd files are inserted in httpd.conf at
the point of the Include directive).

Joshua.