Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <am...@mxi.com> on 2007/03/08 22:48:38 UTC

Yoko CORBA and Naming Service

Hi,

I'm testing out a message bridge connection between an ActiveMQ topic in
Geronimo, and a topic in Weblogic.  I'm running into a CORBA issue when the
Geronimo server starts up and attempts to establish the message bridge.

In order to make this work, I've placed the necessary Weblogic client
libraries in the classpath.  Weblogic uses CORBA as its protocol for
communication.  When Geronimo starts up the ActiveMQ broker, it launches
the Weblogic code to create the ORB.  In this case, the Yoko ORB is used.
The error occurs when there is an attempt to resolve the "NamingService".
The reference cannot be resolved because the Naming Service does not exist
in the list of services for the ORB.  I did a bit of research and debugging
and it seems that the Name Service that is used by Yoko is some kind of
"transient" name service.  I'm not aware what this means and if this is the
cause of the problem.  If so, is there a way to resolve this issue?  Below
is the stacktrace of the error that occurs.

javax.naming.InvalidNameException: Couldn't resolve initial reference:
NameService [Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.ORBPackage.InvalidName:
IDL:omg.org/CORBA/ORB/InvalidName:1.0]
      at weblogic.corba.j2ee.naming.Utils.wrapNamingException(Utils.java:52
)
      at weblogic.corba.j2ee.naming.ORBHelper.getORBReferenceWithRetry(
ORBHelper.java:572)
      at weblogic.corba.j2ee.naming.ORBHelper.getORBReference(
ORBHelper.java:532)
      at
weblogic.corba.j2ee.naming.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(
InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:85)
      at
weblogic.corba.j2ee.naming.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(
InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:31)
      at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(
WLInitialContextFactory.java:41)
      at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(
NamingManager.java:667)
      at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(
InitialContext.java:247)
      at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
      at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)
      at org.springframework.jndi.JndiTemplate.createInitialContext(
JndiTemplate.java:105)
      at org.springframework.jndi.JndiTemplate.execute(JndiTemplate.java:83
)
      at org.springframework.jndi.JndiTemplate.lookup(JndiTemplate.java:121
)
      at org.springframework.jndi.JndiTemplate.lookup(JndiTemplate.java:146
)
      at
org.apache.activemq.network.jms.JmsTopicConnector.initializeForeignTopicConnection(
JmsTopicConnector.java:202)
Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.ORBPackage.InvalidName:
IDL:omg.org/CORBA/ORB/InvalidName:1.0
      at
org.apache.yoko.orb.OB.InitialServiceManager.resolveInitialReferences(
InitialServiceManager.java:177)
      at org.apache.yoko.orb.OBCORBA.ORB_impl.resolve_initial_references(
ORB_impl.java:1087)
      at weblogic.corba.j2ee.naming.ORBHelper.getORBReferenceWithRetry(
ORBHelper.java:561)
      ... 60 more

* This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail , and delete the message, or call (collect) 001 613 747 4698. *