Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by sieg <si...@heintze.com> on 2007/08/01 05:45:01 UTC

Re: Wanted: Example using SQLXML

Bryan Pendleton wrote:

> Ensure that you have a recent copy of Apache Xalan in your classpath,
> as the XPath code uses Xalan internally.

I do now. I inserted several xalan jars: xercesImpl.jar, xercesSamples.jar
and xml-apis.jar and resolver.jar, and serializer.jar.

Bryan Pendleton wrote:

> If you still can't get it to work, try posting the exact exception text
> that you received, with the full stack trace.

See below. Incidentally, in a another posting, someone explained to me that
downloading and installing derby was redundant with installing Java 1.6.
However, when I remove the derby jar files, I get lots of errors. Should not
all these jar files be in Java 1.6 already?
Thanks,
Siegfried

java.sql.SQLFeatureNotSupportedException: Feature not implemented: no
details.
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.notImplemented(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.notImplemented(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection40.createSQLXML(Unknown
Source)
	at jdbcDemo.DJUG.Sharad.Acharya.Example3.main(Example3.java:29)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Feature not implemented: no details.
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown
Source)

Re: Wanted: Example using SQLXML

Posted by Dy...@Sun.COM.
sieg <si...@heintze.com> writes:

> See below. Incidentally, in a another posting, someone explained to me that
> downloading and installing derby was redundant with installing Java 1.6.

Not quite. Derby aka JavaDB is _bundled_ with the JDK (not the
JRE). And you still need to include the Derby jars in your classpath,
it will not happen automatically. Older versions of Java 6 have the
derby jars in db/lib:

$ \ls /usr/local/java/jdk1.6.0_00/db/lib/
derby.jar              derbyLocale_fr.jar     derbyLocale_zh_CN.jar
derby.war              derbyLocale_it.jar     derbyLocale_zh_TW.jar
derbyclient.jar        derbyLocale_ja_JP.jar  derbynet.jar
derbyLocale_de_DE.jar  derbyLocale_ko_KR.jar  derbyrun.jar
derbyLocale_es.jar     derbyLocale_pt_BR.jar  derbytools.jar

Unfortunately, due to a glitch, the derby jars are missing from Java 6
update 2 :( This will be fixed in the next update, but until then you
need to download derby from apache...

--
dt