Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org> on 2018/04/13 21:03:26 UTC

How to update DB password in Ranger Admin...

I had to the change the Ranger DB password. Does anyone know how I can update the Ranger Admin keystore with the new DB password, without running the install.sh again?

FYI, my Ranger is manually installed (not via Ambari)

Thanks

Bosco

Re: How to update DB password in Ranger Admin...

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
Perfect, this worked. Vel, thanks a lot.

Bosco

On 4/13/18, 2:38 PM, "Velmurugan Periasamy" <vperiasamy@hortonworks.com on behalf of vel@apache.org> wrote:

    Bosco:

    Can you please try the below?

    ‹ Take a backup of rangeradmin.jceks (just in case)
    ‹ Go to ranger admin install folder
    ‹ Execute the below command. Adjust according to your path. You should see
    one entry called rangeradmin (from
    ranger-admin-site.xml->ranger.jpa.jdbc.credential.alias).
    java -cp "cred/lib/*" org.apache.ranger.credentialapi.buildks list -provider
    "jceks://file/etc/ranger/admin/rangeradmin.jceks²
    ‹ You can update that with your new value using the below command. Again,
    update according to your path.
    java -cp "cred/lib/*" org.apache.ranger.credentialapi.buildks create
    rangeradmin -value ³<new db password>"  -provider
    "jceks://file/tmp/rangeradmin.jceks"

    Hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Vel