Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Trevor <tr...@scurrilous.com> on 2012/08/14 03:04:58 UTC

S3 FS tests broken?

Anyone know why these tests have started failing? It happens for me locally
and it just happened in Jenkins:
https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build/1288/

I don't see any obvious changes recently that would cause it.

Tests in error:
  testCreateFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestS3_LocalFileContextURI): Property
value must not be null

testCreateFileWithNullName(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestS3_LocalFileContextURI):
Property value must not be null
  testCreateExistingFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestS3_LocalFileContextURI):
Property value must not be null

testCreateFileInNonExistingDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestS3_LocalFileContextURI):
Property value must not be null
  testCreateDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestS3_LocalFileContextURI):
Property value must not be null

testMkdirsFailsForSubdirectoryOfExistingFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestS3_LocalFileContextURI):
Property value must not be null
  testIsDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestS3_LocalFileContextURI):
Property value must not be null
  testDeleteFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestS3_LocalFileContextURI): Property
value must not be null

testDeleteNonExistingFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestS3_LocalFileContextURI):
Property value must not be null

testDeleteNonExistingFileInDir(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestS3_LocalFileContextURI):
Property value must not be null
  testDeleteDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestS3_LocalFileContextURI):
Property value must not be null

testDeleteNonExistingDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestS3_LocalFileContextURI):
Property value must not be null
  testModificationTime(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestS3_LocalFileContextURI):
Property value must not be null
  testFileStatus(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestS3_LocalFileContextURI): Property
value must not be null

testGetFileStatusThrowsExceptionForNonExistentFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestS3_LocalFileContextURI):
Property value must not be null

testListStatusThrowsExceptionForNonExistentFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestS3_LocalFileContextURI):
Property value must not be null
  testListStatus(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestS3_LocalFileContextURI): Property
value must not be null
  testBlockSize(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)
  testFsStatus(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testWorkingDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)
  testMkdirs(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testMkdirsFailsForSubdirectoryOfExistingFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testGetFileStatusThrowsExceptionForNonExistentFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testListStatusThrowsExceptionForNonExistentFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)
  testListStatus(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testWriteReadAndDeleteEmptyFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testWriteReadAndDeleteHalfABlock(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testWriteReadAndDeleteOneBlock(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testWriteReadAndDeleteOneAndAHalfBlocks(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testWriteReadAndDeleteTwoBlocks(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)
  testOverwrite(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testWriteInNonExistentDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testDeleteNonExistentFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testDeleteRecursively(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testDeleteEmptyDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testRenameNonExistentPath(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testRenameFileMoveToNonExistentDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testRenameFileMoveToExistingDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testRenameFileAsExistingFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testRenameFileAsExistingDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testRenameDirectoryMoveToNonExistentDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testRenameDirectoryMoveToExistingDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testRenameDirectoryAsExistingFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testRenameDirectoryAsExistingDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testInputStreamClosedTwice(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)

testOutputStreamClosedTwice(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.TestInMemoryS3FileSystemContract)
  testCreateFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI): Property
value must not be null
  testCreateFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI)

testCreateFileWithNullName(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI):
Property value must not be null

testCreateFileWithNullName(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI)
  testCreateExistingFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI):
Property value must not be null
  testCreateExistingFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI)

testCreateFileInNonExistingDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI):
Property value must not be null

testCreateFileInNonExistingDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI)
  testCreateDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI):
Property value must not be null
  testCreateDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI)

testMkdirsFailsForSubdirectoryOfExistingFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI):
Property value must not be null

testMkdirsFailsForSubdirectoryOfExistingFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI)
  testIsDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI):
Property value must not be null
  testIsDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI)
  testDeleteFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI): Property
value must not be null
  testDeleteFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI)

testDeleteNonExistingFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI):
Property value must not be null
  testDeleteNonExistingFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI)

testDeleteNonExistingFileInDir(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI):
Property value must not be null

testDeleteNonExistingFileInDir(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI)
  testDeleteDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI):
Property value must not be null
  testDeleteDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI)

testDeleteNonExistingDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI):
Property value must not be null

testDeleteNonExistingDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI)
  testModificationTime(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI):
Property value must not be null
  testModificationTime(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI)
  testFileStatus(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI): Property
value must not be null
  testFileStatus(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI)

testGetFileStatusThrowsExceptionForNonExistentFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI):
Property value must not be null

testGetFileStatusThrowsExceptionForNonExistentFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI)

testListStatusThrowsExceptionForNonExistentFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI):
Property value must not be null

testListStatusThrowsExceptionForNonExistentFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI)
  testListStatus(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI): Property
value must not be null
  testListStatus(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestLocal_S3FileContextURI)

testListStatusForRoot(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testNoTrailingBackslashOnBucket(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testDirWithDifferentMarkersWorks(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testDeleteWithNoMarker(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testRenameWithNoMarker(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testEmptyFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testBlockSize(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testRetryOnIoException(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testFsStatus(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testWorkingDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testMkdirs(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testMkdirsFailsForSubdirectoryOfExistingFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testGetFileStatusThrowsExceptionForNonExistentFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testListStatusThrowsExceptionForNonExistentFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testListStatus(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testWriteReadAndDeleteEmptyFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testWriteReadAndDeleteHalfABlock(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testWriteReadAndDeleteOneBlock(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testWriteReadAndDeleteOneAndAHalfBlocks(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testWriteReadAndDeleteTwoBlocks(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testOverwrite(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testWriteInNonExistentDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testDeleteNonExistentFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testDeleteRecursively(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testDeleteEmptyDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testRenameNonExistentPath(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testRenameFileMoveToNonExistentDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testRenameFileMoveToExistingDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testRenameFileAsExistingFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testRenameFileAsExistingDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testRenameDirectoryMoveToNonExistentDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testRenameDirectoryMoveToExistingDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testRenameDirectoryAsExistingFile(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testRenameDirectoryAsExistingDirectory(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testInputStreamClosedTwice(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

testOutputStreamClosedTwice(org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract)

Re: S3 FS tests broken?

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
This is me,

On it