Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/04/16 02:04:22 UTC

[Jakarta-velocity Wiki] Update of "VelocityFAQ" by ShinobuKawaiYoshida

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-velocity Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ShinobuKawaiYoshida:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-velocity/VelocityFAQ

The comment on the change is:
That was easy.  ;)

  [[BR]]
   * Q: Why is the !VelocityServlet deprecated in favor of Tools !VelocityViewServlet?
   * A: Some time back, the Velocity Developers decided it might be better to separate web functionality from the core Velocity engine. They decided that VelocityTools would be a better place to drop this functionality. Nobody has had the guts to remove !VelocityServlet from the Core, maybe in 2.0? <grin>  (Tim Colson)
+ [[BR]]
+  * Q: (since VelocityTools 1.2) Why doesn't my non-web use of Velocity no longer work?
+  * A: Because it's no longer sharing a configuration with VVS. (Will Glass-Husain) '''TODO: add a link to the list archive.'''

  === DVSL & Anakia & Texen & Misc ===
   * Q: Is DVSL stable enough for use in production environment?
   * A: It seems to work for most folks. Try it out and if there are problems, report them to velocity-dev.

-

Re: [Jakarta-velocity Wiki] Update of "VelocityFAQ" by ShinobuKawaiYoshida

Posted by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@gmail.com>.
> I wouldn't include a link to the list archive - the discussion was all over
> the place.

OK.  Thanks for the details.  :)

Best regards,
-- Shinobu

--
Shinobu Kawai <sh...@gmail.com>

Re: [Jakarta-velocity Wiki] Update of "VelocityFAQ" by ShinobuKawaiYoshida

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Thanks, Shinobu.