Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Bateman <bo...@sequoiallc.com> on 2004/06/28 19:32:07 UTC

Setting cookie confusion

I'm attempting to set a cookie in a servlet within my webapp and am running
into a problem....

Inside the servlet, I create a cookie and add it to response.  I then set
context and write HTML to the user.  The html does a forward to another page
where I read all cookies.

As far as I can tell, my machine isn't receiving the cookie (or atleast IE
isn't showing it at all.)  The page that displays the cookies shows me the
JSESSION cookie but nothing else.

Any thoughts about what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Bob

Re: Setting cookie confusion

Posted by Robert Bateman <bo...@sequoiallc.com>.
Apologies for asking the original question.

It appears the code works as expected - AFTER I restarted the server  :(

On Monday 28 June 2004 01:32 pm, Robert Bateman wrote:
> I'm attempting to set a cookie in a servlet within my webapp and am running
> into a problem....
>
> Inside the servlet, I create a cookie and add it to response.  I then set
> context and write HTML to the user.  The html does a forward to another
> page where I read all cookies.
>
> As far as I can tell, my machine isn't receiving the cookie (or atleast IE
> isn't showing it at all.)  The page that displays the cookies shows me the
> JSESSION cookie but nothing else.
>
> Any thoughts about what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bob

Bob Bateman
Sequoia Group LLC
bobbateman@sequoiallc.com
248-414-7288
248-414-7541 (fax)

This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the exclusive use of the
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use,
distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify me via return e-mail and permanently delete
the original and destroy all copies.  Please note that although this email has
been virus checked, no responsibility for any transmitted viruses is
accepted. It is therefore your responsibility to virus scan attachments (if
any).