Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Adrian Mitev <ad...@googlemail.com> on 2007/05/01 00:07:57 UTC

Re: JSCookMenu and passing value to manged-bean

In this form JSCookMenu can't do that. I've created a patch where you can
invoke javascript code and invoke action method when the menu is clicked. In
the javascript code i set the id of the selected item in a hidden field. See
here [1] for more info.

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-965

Posted by syllepsa <sy...@wp.pl>.

Adrian Mitev-2 wrote:

> In this form JSCookMenu can't do that. I've created a patch where you can
> invoke javascript code and invoke action method when the menu is clicked.
> In
> the javascript code i set the id of the selected item in a hidden field.
> See
> here [1] for more info.
>
> [1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-965
>
> 2007/4/30, syllepsa <sy...@wp.pl>:
>>

>> Hi
>>
>> Is it possible to pass a value to a managed-bean after clicking menu item
>> of
>> the JSCookMenu? The problem is that I have to pass an id (related with
>> selected menu item) to a managed-bean . The id is necessary to retrieve
>> data
>> on the next page.
>>
>> I'm using MyFaces 1.1.4.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mariusz
>> --

Thanks for the reply. However, I used different solution which is presented
here:
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?messageID=9646800