Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alexander Cougarman <ac...@bwc.org> on 2012/08/22 09:32:58 UTC

Which directories are required in Solr?

Hi. Which folders/files can be deleted from the default Solr package (apache-solr-3.6.1.zip) on Windows if all we'd like to do is index/store documents? Thanks.

Sincerely,
Alex

Re: Which directories are required in Solr?

Posted by Geek Gamer <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

checkout : https://github.com/geek4377/jetty-solr

you can remove exampledocs from the list to get only the required dirs for
running solr.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Why do you care? I suspect that the example directory can be removed
assuming you're distributing the war file. But disk space is really cheap,
I suspect that tidying up the directories for aesthetic reasons isn't worth
the risk of removing something that you might need later...

Best
Erick