Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by migselv47 <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2008/02/07 15:37:15 UTC

Queue Manager ?

Hi
Typically when connecting to WebSphere MQ it is done by denoting 'Hostname',
'Queue Name' and 'Queue Manager Name'. Is it not possible to set a Queue
manager name when using ActiveMQ ? I can only find how to connect via a url,
or an xml-file, but in none of these a Queue Manager is mentioned ?

I am using ActiveMQ 4.1.1

Can anybody help, please ?

Re: Queue Manager ?

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
An ActiveMQ Broker is about equal to a WebSphere MQ QueueManager.  You
specify which Broker you connect to using the URL syntax.

On Feb 7, 2008 9:37 AM, migselv47 <mi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> Typically when connecting to WebSphere MQ it is done by denoting 'Hostname',
> 'Queue Name' and 'Queue Manager Name'. Is it not possible to set a Queue
> manager name when using ActiveMQ ? I can only find how to connect via a url,
> or an xml-file, but in none of these a Queue Manager is mentioned ?
>
> I am using ActiveMQ 4.1.1
>
> Can anybody help, please ?

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://open.iona.com

Re: Queue Manager ?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 07/02/2008, migselv47 <mi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> Typically when connecting to WebSphere MQ it is done by denoting 'Hostname',
> 'Queue Name' and 'Queue Manager Name'. Is it not possible to set a Queue
> manager name when using ActiveMQ ? I can only find how to connect via a url,
> or an xml-file, but in none of these a Queue Manager is mentioned ?
>
> I am using ActiveMQ 4.1.1
>
> Can anybody help, please ?

ActiveMQ doesn't use the same queue manager abstraction of MQ. So you
just connect to a broker on a port and can then access all the queues
you have karma to do so on that broker.

--
James
-------