Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tuomo L <tl...@cc.hut.fi> on 2003/04/09 15:58:21 UTC

Deleting files from the upload-dir

Hi all,

I'm uploading files to a database using the modular DatabaseAddAction. It
works well, but a copy of each uploaded file ends up in the upload-dir
specified in web.xml. I don't need these duplicates filling up my disk, so
how can I delete them from the upload-dir without stopping Tomcat? Is this possible in a
pipeline or cocoon configuration?

I tried disabling uploads to upload-dir by setting 'autosave-uploads' to
'false', but when uploading, cocoon gave an error saying that file could
not be found.

-Tuomo

RE: Deleting files from the upload-dir

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
There was a recent rework of file handling that could be
related.  Were you using a previous version of cvs before this?
All of this is so recent that it's not reflected in any
documentation, including the wiki.

Try this:
- Shut down cocoon.
- Delete all the files from your upload directory.
- Set autosave-uploads to false (actually, this should not matter
  because CocoonServlet is supposed to clean up all files by default
  now)
- Make sure that the new allow-uploads parameter is set to true
(it now defaults to false).
- Restart cocoon.
- Try a file that you are sure you haven't uploaded before.

Geoff

Posted by Tuomo L <tl...@cc.hut.fi>.

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.