Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Vidhyashankar Venkataraman <vi...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2010/06/14 20:08:00 UTC

Bulk load problems..

I tried dumping my own Hfiles (similar to HFileOutputFormat: open an Hfile.writer, append the key value pairs and then close the writer) and tried loading them using the ruby script..  I had altered loadtable.rb to modify the block size for the column family.

The script reported no errors. But on checking with the web interface,  (table's name is DocData)
http://b5120231.yst.yahoo.net:60010/table.jsp?name=DocData

I got this:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.NoServerForRegionException: No server address listed in .META. for region DocData,,1276537980228

And in each region server, I got this
2010-06-14 17:57:48,846 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer: Error opening DocData,0000133832,1276537980224
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: Has not been initialized
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.StoreFile.getMaxSequenceId(StoreFile.java:216)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.Store.loadStoreFiles(Store.java:417)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.Store.<init>(Store.java:221)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.instantiateHStore(HRegion.java:1549)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.initialize(HRegion.java:312)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.instantiateRegion(HRegionServer.java:1564)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.openRegion(HRegionServer.java:1531)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer$Worker.run(HRegionServer.java:1451)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I am using Hbase 0.20.3... Have I made a mistake while dumping Hfiles?

Vidhya

Re: Bulk load problems..

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Vidhyashankar Venkataraman <
vidhyash@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> > In trunk there's a feature whereby the metadata can include a special
> "this
> > is a bulk load" entry. In 0.20, you have to pick some sequence number -
> I'd
> > go with something like 0 for a bulk load. Check out what
> HFileOutputFormat
> > does and copy that :)
>
> I did that initially but it doesn't compile: StoreFile in 0.20.3 doesn't
> recognize MAJOR_COMPACTION_KEY or BULKLOAD_TIME_KEY..

I meant to check out what HFileOutputFormat does in the 0.20 branch. As you
noticed, the new code in trunk is substantially different (and requires some
large-ish changes to Store, StoreFile, etc to support it)

-Todd

Re: Bulk load problems..

Posted by Vidhyashankar Venkataraman <vi...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Re: Bulk load problems..