Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Frank Borkowsky <fb...@dataris.de> on 2002/06/09 14:22:41 UTC

"Global" variables

Hi!

My question is: Are there any other variables like {1}, {2} and {../1} ... with can be accessed in the sitemap through the bracket syntax?

Has anyone a complete list of these variables?

What we need is the servlet path as a parameter for the xsl-tranformer. Or Is XSP the solution?

Thank you!

Re: "Global" variables

Posted by KOZLOV Roman <r-...@opencascade.com>.
Hi,

Does the following example help?

 <map:match pattern="myprint.pdf">
   <map:match type="host" pattern="*">
     <map:act type="request">
       <map:generate src="mydata.xml"/>
       <map:transform src="myxsl.xsl">
           <map:parameter name="filePath" value="http://{../1}{context}/img"/>
       </map:transform>
     </map:act>
   </map:match>
   <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
 </map:match>

Here is the "host" matcher is used to get the "host:port" (here it is {../1}).
The "request" action is used to get a context "/app-name" (here it is {context} and for example for default cocoon installation it's value will be "/cocoon").

PS: Used cocoon version is 2.01.

Roman

Re: "Global" variables

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
Frank Borkowsky wrote:

> Hi!
>
> My question is: Are there any other variables like {1}, {2} and {../1}
> ... with can be accessed in the sitemap through the bracket syntax?

Actually, there are none. Not even the ones you mention. They depend on
the use of certain sitemap components. The above are set e.g. by a
wildcard matcher. {1} contains the first match, {2} the second &c. If
another component is nested, e.g. an action, access to the previous
scope is required, hence the "../" in front of the number.

> Has anyone a complete list of these variables?

 From the above follows that such a list cannot exist. Look at the