Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Manuel VACELET <ma...@st.com> on 2005/03/02 13:45:45 UTC

.subversion default rights

Hi all,

I use subversion (client) 1.0.6 under both Solaris (8) and Linux build
from sources.

Default .subversion directory created by first svn call is bad protected
(probaly using default umask) instead of setting 'chmod 0600'. This
directory that can contains sensible datas (passwords in servers file)
so it have to be well protected by default.

I don't know if such problem is still relevant (I didn't found any
maching bug in your BTS).

Hope it helps,
Regards
Manuel

--
# VACELET Manuel     manuel.vacelet-abecedaire(at)st(dot)com #
# STMicroelectronics - HPC/STS                               #

Re: .subversion default rights

Posted by David Ripton <dr...@ripton.net>.
On 2005.03.02 08:01:36 +0000, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

> On Mar 2, 2005, at 7:45 AM, Manuel VACELET wrote:
> >
> >Default .subversion directory created by first svn call is bad
> >protected (probaly using default umask) instead of setting 'chmod
> >0600'. This directory that can contains sensible datas (passwords in
> >servers file) so it have to be well protected by default.
> >

> Look again:  ~/.subversion/auth/ is chmod 0700.  That's where the
> sensitive data lies.

~/.subversion/servers has http-proxy-password and
ssl-client-cert-password fields.

--
David Ripton    dripton@ripton.net

Re: .subversion default rights

Posted by Manuel VACELET <ma...@st.com>.
Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

> On Mar 2, 2005, at 8:30 AM, Manuel VACELET wrote:
>
>> Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

>>> Look again:  ~/.subversion/auth/ is chmod 0700.  That's where the
>>> sensitive data lies.
>>

>> Yes but ~/.subversion/servers file can contains sensitive data too
>> (E.g. proxy password).
>>

> Aha... you're right.  Can you repost this to dev@subversion.tigris.org
> ?  Maybe we can file an issue on this, or just make a quick code-fix.

Ok, done.

Re: .subversion default rights

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.

Posted by Manuel VACELET <ma...@st.com>.