Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Donald Organ <do...@donaldorgan.com> on 2012/03/07 15:43:40 UTC

Need some quick help diagnosing query

Right now i am doing the following:

    qf=name^1.75 codeTXT^1.75 cat_search^1.5 description^0.8 brand^5.0
cat_search^0.8
    fl=code,score
    defType=dismax
    q=whitney brothers carts

 if i change it to the following  then i get results:

    qf=name^1.75 codeTXT^1.75 cat_search^1.5 description^0.8 brand^5.0
cat_search^0.8
    fl=code,score
    defType=dismax
    q=whitney brothers

So why is the first query returning 0 results?

Re: Need some quick help diagnosing query

Posted by Donald Organ <do...@donaldorgan.com>.

> > Would this also be affected if one of the fields that
> > contains that term is
> > a  defined as solr.StrField   where as
> > most of the other fields are defined
> > as solr.TextField?
>
> It could be. string fields are not analyzed. For example, one whitespace
> can prevent match.  Cards and cards wont match too. (lowercase)

Ok looks like its time to setup some copyFields.  I will try that and see
if that help and point my query at the solr.TextField's

Re: Need some quick help diagnosing query

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Donald Organ <do...@donaldorgan.com>.

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.