Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Doug Cutting <cu...@lucene.com> on 2003/10/21 20:52:28 UTC

1.3 RC2

Should I go ahead and make this release, or should we wait for a fix to
the timestamp problem?  I'm leaving town Thursday, and can either make
this release tomorrow morning, or not until November.  My hunch is to go
ahead and make an RC release tomorrow, then, in November, when the
timestamp problem is resolved, make a 1.3 final release.  Does that
sound like a good plan?

Doug

Re: 1.3 RC2

Posted by Scott Ganyo <sc...@etapestry.com>.
+1

Doug Cutting wrote:

> Should I go ahead and make this release, or should we wait for a fix
> to the timestamp problem?  I'm leaving town Thursday, and can either
> make this release tomorrow morning, or not until November.  My hunch
> is to go ahead and make an RC release tomorrow, then, in November,
> when the timestamp problem is resolved, make a 1.3 final release.
> Does that sound like a good plan?
>
> Doug

...there is nothing more difficult to execute, nor more dubious of success, nor more dangerous to administer than to introduce a new order to things; for he who introduces it has all those who profit from the old order as his enemies; and he has only lukewarm allies in all those who might profit from the new. - Niccolo Machiavelli

Re: 1.3 RC2

Posted by Dmitry Serebrennikov <dm...@earthlink.net>.
+1

Doug, I didn't have a chance to apply your patches and test them yet.
 From just a quick review, it looks like everything should be fine. Now
that the changes are in CVS, I can more easily check them out. But if
the tests pass, I'm not worried. :)

Dmitry.

Re: 1.3 RC2

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
I guess I should have given my opinion in my +1 email.
I think we can live without the timestamp patch for now.  This would be
a RC release after all, not a real release.  Like Doug already said,
the timestamp patch can be added after RC2 and before 1.3 final.

Otis

Re: 1.3 RC2

Posted by Hani Suleiman <ha...@formicary.net>.
alright alright, I thought that 1.3 final follows RC2, but I suppose
there's no legal reason why there can't be an RC 3 ;)

Re: 1.3 RC2

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Re: 1.3 RC2

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@lucene.com>.

Re: 1.3 RC2

Posted by Hani Suleiman <ha...@formicary.net>.

Re: 1.3 RC2

Posted by petite_abeille <pe...@mac.com>.
On Tuesday, Oct 21, 2003, at 20:52 Europe/Amsterdam, Doug Cutting wrote:

> Should I go ahead and make this release, or should we wait for a fix
> to the timestamp problem?  I'm leaving town Thursday, and can either
> make this release tomorrow morning, or not until November.  My hunch
> is to go ahead and make an RC release tomorrow, then, in November,
> when the timestamp problem is resolved, make a 1.3 final release.
> Does that sound like a good plan?

+++++1 :)

Cheers,

PA.